Last Modified: September 1, 2017
- Collected Information
Though users are free to use EKGaming without providing personal information or registration, certain services will require additional information to be accessed.
What information we collect
You may be asked to enter your name, email address, or other details to enhance your browsing experience.
When we collect information
We collect information from users when they register for our site for an account, to subscribe to a newsletter, enter contests, or have access to events.
How we use information
We may use the information we collect from registering, signing up for our newsletter, responding to a survey or marketing communication, surfing the website, or using certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize user experience and allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which users are most interested.
- To improve our website in terms of content, User Interface, and User Experience
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To send periodic emails regarding events or content users are interested in.
How we protect user information
We do not ask for credit card numbers, social security numbers, or other intimate details of our users. Any information we collect is purely to customize user experience and offer our services. As such, private contact information is protected to the best of our abilities with an understanding that no forms of data transmission and storage are entirely secure.
If you turn cookies off, some of our site features will no longer function. This could negatively affect browsing, searching, and communication on EKGaming.
- Third-party disclosure
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise, transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when its release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
- Third-party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We, therefore, have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we will always encourage feedback and criticism of these services if they interfere with a user experience.
Google Services utilized
• Remarketing with Google AdSense
- Google Display Network Impression Reporting
- Demographics and Interests Reporting
We, along with third-party vendors such as Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
Users may set preferences for how Google advertises by using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, users may opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
- California Online Privacy Protection Act
We are also in accordance with CalOPPA standards. This means that:
- Users may anonymously visit our site.
- Users may change their personal information by logging into their account and accessing their profile.
- CAN-SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, we agree to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.